What is Measure G?
Measure G is a parcel tax passed in 2008 that provides $20 million annually to the Oakland Unified School District. This parcel tax does not sunset.
What can Measure G funds be used for?
Measure G funds can be used for any of the following purposes:
- to attract and retain highly qualified teachers
- maintain courses that help students qualify for college
- maintain up-to-date textbooks and instructional materials
- keep class sizes small
- continue after school academic programs
- maintain school libraries
- provide programs, including art and music programs, that enhance student achievement.
Measure G funds are not provided to charter schools.
When does the Measure G Commission meet?
The Commission meets every third Wednesday at 6:30 PM in the KDOL TV Studio, B-237 (314 East 10th Street, Oakland, CA 94606-2291).