What is Measure J?
Measure J is a bond measure passed in 2012 that authorizes the Oakland Unified School District to issue $475 million in bonds.
What can Measure J funds be used for?
Measure J funding can be spent to improve the quality of Oakland school facilities in order to:
- Better prepare students for college and jobs
- Upgrade science labs, classrooms, computers and technology
- Improve student safety and security
- Repair bathrooms, electrical systems, plumbing and sewer lines
- Improve energy efficiency and earthquake safety
When does the Measure J Commission meet?
The Measure A, B, and J Oversight Commission meets every third Tuesday at 6:30 PM in the KDOL TV Studio, B-237 (314 East 10th Street, Oakland, CA 94606-2291).